SKIING

Hi all, Today I am going on vacation in France. It is a ski vacation and I am very excited. But how can you be more eco-friendly while skiing? I came up with some tips I would like to share!

    Image result for skiing aesthetic
  • Find green gear, this is skiing gear that comes from sustainable companies, is borrowed or second hand
  • Borrow skis, finding good skis second hand can be hard. And new skis are already so expensive. You can borrow skis from a friend or a ski- school
  • Try to find a nearby ski area, for example in your own or a neighboring country. This way you can take the train or car
  • Choose a hotel/ apartment/ hostel that is nearby the slopes. Preferable walking distance so you can get there footprint-free (except for the ones in the snow of course!)
  • Recycle and donate used equipment, we always throw ours in the fabric bin or sell it, friends.
  • Do not ski indoor, and when I say do not I MEAN IT. The one in Dubai is so polluting, and so are all the others. Its a fun idea but is it really worth it?
  • HAVE FUN, I have learned that you can't spend every minute of your day calculating your impact. Sometimes you just gotta live. Just let go of everything and enjoy the snow

Comments